Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Adding tabs into Vanilla

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

I have been searching for a method/plugin that adds tabs to the navigation bar on Vanilla alongside the "Dashboard", "Discussions" etc.

If anyone can help me at all I'd appreciate it.

Cheers.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    for that you will have to copy
    forum->applications->dashboard->views->default.master.php
    to
    forum->themes->default->views->
    if you do not have folder views in themes then you can create one. and then edit the file accordingly in the theme folder.
    i suggest coping it to themes because then you can just reuse it from themes folder rather than having to look into the applications and also if you mess up anything from themes folder then your original vanilla framework will not be effected

Thanks

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

please go through the documentation - it has all details on how to do what you are asking for. still if you can not get it then we are here to help you

Thanks

• I have already searched the documentation and cannot find anything.
    well then here you go http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/14565

Use Menu->AddLink() to add links to Menu.
    still if this is not helpful then let me know
    Thanks

• I can't find a way to do it using the default theme; any ideas?
    Answer ✓
    for that you will have to copy
    forum->applications->dashboard->views->default.master.php
    to
    forum->themes->default->views->
    if you do not have folder views in themes then you can create one. and then edit the file accordingly in the theme folder.
    i suggest coping it to themes because then you can just reuse it from themes folder rather than having to look into the applications and also if you mess up anything from themes folder then your original vanilla framework will not be effected

Thanks

• Thanks! Done it. Do you know how to make it open the link in a new tab? I know the HTML code is target=(_blank) but I can't see where to add this in.
    you can use javascript or jquery for that?

• $this->Menu->AddLink($Group, $Text, $Url, FALSE, '', array('target'=>'_blank'))

It really helps to find the original method. Use grep, it can find anything.

grep is your friend.

That was knowledgeful x00. thanks. i didn't know we can pass target=>blank as an array to menu links.
    thanks. i suppose we can set other properties through this as well.

• i am newbie please tell me simple way...i dont know coading..:(
    please go through documentation first - this will give you brief idea where main things are. and then you can go through themes folder in your vanilla installation and check the files in those folders - i mean check individual themes. this will give you more idea how the content is displayed. then you can mess around with the themes and check out how different things work. atleast thats how i started.