Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

how to disable Fileupload function in comment aera.

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
i only allow users upload in "start a new discussion", but not in the comment aera.

anyone can tell me how? thanks.

Best Answer

• Options
    ericcarlericcarl New
    edited November 2011 Answer ✓
    If you're comfortable editing the CSS for your Vanilla theme, you should be able to hide the "Attach a File" link by adding the following CSS rule:

#Form_Comment .AttachFileLink { display: none; }

That CSS rule will keep the "Attach a File" link visible in the Discussion form but hidden in the Comment form. It's not the most elegant solution but should do in a pinch.

Answers

• Options
    @tim can you help me?
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    You'd need to modify the plugin to do this, it doesn't support what you're asking for by default.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    ericcarlericcarl New
    edited November 2011 Answer ✓
    If you're comfortable editing the CSS for your Vanilla theme, you should be able to hide the "Attach a File" link by adding the following CSS rule:

#Form_Comment .AttachFileLink { display: none; }

That CSS rule will keep the "Attach a File" link visible in the Discussion form but hidden in the Comment form. It's not the most elegant solution but should do in a pinch.
  • Options
    thank you @ericcarl the css is a simple solution! cool
  • Options
    You are welcome, glad I could help!