Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 1.2.2 release

SubJunkSubJunk ✭✭
edited March 2013 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Vanilla 1.2.2 is now released.
It is highly recommended for Vanilla 1 users since it contains quite a few bugfixes.

Download:
Here.

Demo:
Here. Feel free to create an account and play around.

Changelog:
Here.

Comments

• I should definitely upgrade my 1.1.0 install, as a few days ago it was it once more by a extension.php dataloss again.
  • Great, I'll be interested to get your feedback if you have any :)
  • fmimosofmimoso
    edited November 2011
    Hi and thanks for keeping this "old wagon" rolling. :)

Can I safely test drive it without making any changes to the database? I'm thinking of installing it in a subdirectory and using a real live database.
  • SubJunkSubJunk ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    @fmimoso: Cheers :) I've also registered a new domain for it since I hope to keep developing it but I'll post about that once it's up and running.

I haven't had any problems updating my 1.1 installations to 1.2, no database changes that I can remember. Always best to make backups just in case though :)

By the way I don't seem to be able to edit the first post so here is a better changelog than the one above
  • I've updated, it seems to work fine.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to check the changes easily (using hg on the webserver).
    Apparently my files had a different line ending than the one in the tarball.
    Not a big deal anyway :).
  • @luc: Yeah that's probably r984 and r985 in which dinoboff changed line endings to fix problems he was having with applying patches.
    I'm also going to remove the version number from the files in the next release since that is annoying for those using diff tools; it detects the file as changed but all that changed was the version number, very annoying!
  • In case anyone is following this discussion, there is now a newer release of Vanilla 1:
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/19062/vanilla-1-3-0-release