Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Where do I find the blog once this plugin is installed?

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I feel like a noob..I've installed the NillaBlog plugin..but..where's the blog located at? I can't really figure out how the thing works..Do I make a Blog category on my forums, and post from there or..?

Best Answers

• Options
    ddumontddumont ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes. You create a category that you will use as a blog. Set the permissions accordingly, so that only you may post to it, but others may comment.

Then configure the nillablog plugin to select the category you wish to turn into a blog.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    ddumontddumont ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    That's a topic for another plugin :)
    The nillablog styles may or may not work well embedded. I haven't tried because I don't use it.

Answers

• Options
    ddumontddumont ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes. You create a category that you will use as a blog. Set the permissions accordingly, so that only you may post to it, but others may comment.

Then configure the nillablog plugin to select the category you wish to turn into a blog.

• Options
    Awesome! easy enough! I kind of figured that's how I was supposed to go about things..

One last question? Is there a way to embed the forum into a webpage on my site? just like the EmbedVanilla plugin? or another way?
  • Options
    ddumontddumont ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    That's a topic for another plugin :)
    The nillablog styles may or may not work well embedded. I haven't tried because I don't use it.

• Options
    Gotcha! I set it up with some iframes for now... I've been trying to stay away from them, but I'm not skilled enough not to sometimes I guess! at any rate, seems to be working ok!

Thanks for the help with the blog! I already love it