Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Bonk After upgrading (Voting Plugin seems to be the problem)*

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
After upgrading my forums the front page is now Bonked.

I have tried adding
$Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE;

and/or

$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';

to my conf/config.php and still only see Bonk on it.

I can access the dashboard but can't seem to proceed further than that as far as seeing what the error is.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

Best Answers

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓
    cleared cache of .ini?

grep is your friend.

• Answer ✓
    It appears that it is the Voting plugin that was/is the issue. After I disabled it, the forum is again active.

I'll say this is resolved but note that this issue did stop the debug action from working for me (which is odd).

Thanks for trying to help @x00!

Answers

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓
    cleared cache of .ini?

grep is your friend.

• Yep, I deleted all the .ini files from the cache each time and still do not see anything else. I forgot to mention that I did that.
  • Not related but I'm not sure what the accepted answers do here. Do they set the topic as resolved? I clicked accept on the one above as I accepted it as a valid question.

Just curious & hoping it does not = resolved!
  • Answer ✓
    It appears that it is the Voting plugin that was/is the issue. After I disabled it, the forum is again active.

I'll say this is resolved but note that this issue did stop the debug action from working for me (which is odd).

Thanks for trying to help @x00!
  • search the forums, I believe the voting plugin has been discussed with regard to this.

grep is your friend.

• Whenever you get a Bonk error, add this to your config.php:
    $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE;
    or change it to True in your config.php

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @UnderDog I did that (mentioned above). The debug info still did not show up and it just showed bonk until I removed the plugin.
  • try downloading the voting plugin again here and overwrite your copy. to be sure delete the old one and extract the new one. had some problem with it as well due to file folder permission in the server, so even how many times i extract it still wont overwrite the old plugin.