Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

I broke my forum :( tags look funny and i get errors when trying to post

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
What happened was i was trying to install a plugin and for some reason it didnt show up in the plugins administration. it was blank, so i clicked the REMOVE button, and the software deleted my entire plugins folder from my server.

I re-added the plugin folder manually and uploaded all the plugins again.

Now the Tagging Enhanced plugin is not working correctly. It's not showing the tags right, and when i try to add tags to a new post, i get this error..
{"Code":256,"Exception":"Table 'dodforumsv2.GDN_discussion' doesn't exist|Gdn_Database|Query|select CategoryID\nfrom GDN_discussion discussion\nwhere DiscussionID = :DiscussionID"}
Also that test post was added to my site, but when i try to delete it, i also get the above error.

What have i done?!? :(

Best Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    edited November 2011 Answer ✓
    Try utility/update.
  • Answer ✓
    @Todd, thank you very much for your help. That wasn't the problem.

The problem was user error & text editor failure. My text editor saved a double copy of my tag.css file on top of itself. The code was not only doubled, but also overlapped, which corrupted the file.

The user error part came from me screwing up the install of a plugin in the first place.

So far, all seems to be back to normal now, and i PROMISE not too touch it ever again :P

Answers

• UPDATE: When i disable the tagging plugin in the admin, i no longer get database errors, but i really need the tagging plugin.
    edited November 2011 Answer ✓
    Try utility/update.
  • How do i do that Todd? I dont see that in the dashboard area.

Just browse to your forum /utility/update.
  • Answer ✓
    @Todd, thank you very much for your help. That wasn't the problem.

The problem was user error & text editor failure. My text editor saved a double copy of my tag.css file on top of itself. The code was not only doubled, but also overlapped, which corrupted the file.

The user error part came from me screwing up the install of a plugin in the first place.

So far, all seems to be back to normal now, and i PROMISE not too touch it ever again :P