Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Tagging Enhanced - cannot add tags, cannot create posts

plymplanplymplan
edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have vanilla 2.0.18.1

Followed instructions - removed orig Tagging plugin, uploaded Tagging Enhanced. Enabled Tagging.

Field to add tags appears when starting a new discussion.

When I submit the question, nothing happens on screen although the new discussion is successfully added.

I have not been able to add any tags.

Re-downloaded archive, re-uploaded; enabled/disabled does not change anything.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed.

Answers

• Options

After repeated testing with installing and uninstalling, I can confirm that the plugin is not able to create any tables in the db. For the initial install, 3 tables were created (GDN_Tag, GDN_TagCategoryCount and GDN_TagDiscussion) but after uninstalling and manually deleting these tables, I was unable to get the plugin to create any tables again. I upload the plugin files, enable the plugin but when clicking the Settings button, I get BONKed

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    edited November 2011

Not the easiest to find, but when you ask a question about an addon it's best to ask the question from the addon page so it can be linked and the author can be notified.

If you forget to do this you can try mentioning the addon author in a follow up.

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

Can you answer this question @sprockett?

• Options

Sorry, my bad, I thought one could just tag the post. Thanks for stepping in.