Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Random "Internal Server Error"

ericcarlericcarl New
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

This error popped up on my forum while I had the page loaded and idle. I didn't perform any actions, it seemed to have just appeared on its own. I am using the Who's Online plugin, so I'm wondering if the automatic refresh of the plugin may have been the trigger:

http://gnomonschool.com/temp/vanilla-error.jpg

"Internal Server Error"

"The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

Any idea what this could possibly be about? First time I've seen it, thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

The error is occurred while Vanilla was polling for notifications. That's not a Vanilla error though, it is a webserver error that happened before even getting to Vanilla.

We've done some work to suppress those errors in recent versions, but maybe not 2.0.18.

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

The error is occurred while Vanilla was polling for notifications. That's not a Vanilla error though, it is a webserver error that happened before even getting to Vanilla.

We've done some work to suppress those errors in recent versions, but maybe not 2.0.18.

• Thanks Todd.