Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Facebook Connect - Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not permitted by the application configuration

422422 Developer MVP
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Small issue.

If we click on Sign In Button or if we click on the fb icon we get this error:

{
   "error": {
      "message": "Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not permitted by the application configuration.",
      "type": "OAuthException"
   }
}

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

This is a common error. For others, you need to make sure your urls in facebook and the url of your Vanilla site are the same. You can't use one facebook application for several Vanilla installations on separate domains.

Answers

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Ok this is sorted ( apologies this issue seems to arise from our AP and URL colliding ) fixed. Twitter issue remains

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

This is a common error. For others, you need to make sure your urls in facebook and the url of your Vanilla site are the same. You can't use one facebook application for several Vanilla installations on separate domains.

• Options

Good day, I still have the same error. But it only appears on google chrome, safari can login and link the account without any problems.

Is there a reason for this?

Also is it possible to have the FirstLastName plugin work with the Facebook login? as it created problems when i tried (always got the error that First, lastname was missing, but the fields to put them in weren't shown on the window)

Any further clarification what I would need to do, to make it work across all browsers, would be appreciated.

• Options

Hi,

I have followed the exact same steps from vanilla forum to integrate & configure Facebook connect, But unable to get it to work.

I have made sure I have pasted same URL from vanilla into FB console. Eg: htttp://www.example.com/ (which was specified in vanilla)

My Problem:
    1. FB connect button appears in frontend
    2. when I click it, Im redirected to fb page and authentication happens and returns my vanilla forum page.
    3. Here I am prompted to enter email and username. Upon completing and clicking 'Connect' button, I encounter a error page. It says

"Something has gone wrong.

We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.
    Please check back in a little while."

Please anyone help me! I have checked & configured outgoing email with STMP and it works fine.

Any light much appreciated!

Regards,
    N