Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla on Windows with IIS (continued thread)*

UnderDogUnderDog MVP
edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
This discussion was created from comments split from: Installing on Windows with IIS.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• Options

Im also having problems on windows (using apache: xampp). Cant get passed the first installation page. Although Database tables are being written - and config.php created - although config.php remains blank.

• Options
    BeyBey
    edited January 2012

Did you ensure apache is listening on port other than 80 (the port IIS is listening on)? This is essential if both servers (apache and IIS) are on the same machine.

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

nielsbosma said:
    I don't think my problem is with the rewrite stuff. Can't get the installation page to work. The latest version on Vanilla was release yesterday(?). Maybe a bug? Anyone installed the latest release on Windows/IIS?

i had the same problem, there is a code error in the setup script... and i can't remember what it was off the top of my head. I can say for certain that the answer IS in fact on this site, in a topic related to setup screen not finalizing.

It has to do with the way the php is dealing with creating the config file and the fix is super easy once you find it.

I'm sorry i don't have my documentation handy.

But I assure you, it is perfectly feasible to fix.

My forum is hosted on a windows server. IIS is disabled since im using apache on port 80.

I also host mysql on a separate windows machine.

Both installs are running very well.