Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Youtube issue FF

422422 Developer MVP
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Notice that if we post youtube link into page, then view that page. The fetching of youtube video is deferring all other calls within that page, this delay is extremely lengthy especially on firefox.
Can you tell me how to defer the loading of youtube video until rest of page is rendered.

If youtube vids are still beta then this could be a bug. Weirdly, on mobile device, the youtube vis loads in milliseconds. On my FF it takes upto 20 seconds.

Seemingly, the video is loaded hundreds of times ( ping requests ) before finally loading, below is an example.. of one thread with one post with one video .. trying to load.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Is wondering if this is flash v html5 issue

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

I have honestly never seen this. Are you saying you put one video link in a page and it loaded a bunch of times?

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

No , but .. It takes two minutes plus to load the video, says waiting or youtube. So opened firebug, hard refrehed and that activity pane is what we see