Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

installation problem vanilla2 - Unknown MySQL server host

edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Alright guys.
Im trying to install the latest version of vanilla2 but I am getting the following error on the setup screen.

"""""Are you sure you've entered the correct database host name? Maybe you mistyped it? The database reported:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2005] Unknown MySQL server host '~~Invalid~~' (1)

You must specify the name of the database in which you want to set up Vanilla.
Banner Title is required."""""

I placed all the correct information on DB Host, DB Name, etc.
And clicked on the "Install Vanilla without a .htaccess file."

help?

Comments

• check CAREFULLY again, typo error? often dbname occurs several times
    eg from an old config.php

$Configuration['Database']['Name'] = 'sal100924v209';
    $Configuration['Database']['Host'] = 'sal100924v209.db.1579148.hostedresource.com';
    $Configuration['Database']['User'] = 'sal100924v209';
  • nope. everything was perfect, except the .htaccess file
    I uploaded it to my server using windows (to see the hidden file) and it worked.
    (kind of stupid to have an option on the setup to install without the .htaccess file if it won't work)
  • edited December 2011

Was this ever resolved? I'm having the exact same issue with Vanilla 2.0.18.1 on a new install.

Looks like if you don't have an .htaccess file you get the wrong error message from vanilla. Once I copied an htaccess from elsewhere I got a actually useful MySQL error message.