Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Removing items

FazFaz
edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I just want to have 'replies' and 'votes', not bothered by views or follows. Can these be removed easily?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    The easiest way is an appropriate display:none in your custom.css.

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    The easiest way is an appropriate display:none in your custom.css.
  • That seemed to do the job, nice one :)

Also, if you add
    border-top-left-radius: 2px;
    border-bottom-left-radius: 2px;
    -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 2px;
    -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 2px;
    -moz-border-radius-topleft: 2px;
    -moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 2px;

to the box furthest on the left, you will get rounded corners. As I removed 'votes', and so the 'views' was square on one side. This resolved it.

Thanks Todd.
  • hi.. problem with "view" it do not show the accurate count.. one count become three, four, seven and so on.. No visitor in my site yet.. so who click it..
  • Hi Faz,
    How can I remove items from Voting plugin as I do only want to display 'views' and 'comment'. I read Todd saying to use custom.css but where and how to create/place that file.
    Thanks in advance.
    Hum
  • Good question humgurung. I'd like to know this too.
  • edited December 2011

Hi...
    Anybody knows how to disable caching in vanilla? Trying to remove items and firebug shows that filepath is something like \cache\Minify\file... In this case cannot see updates

• edited December 2011

Zhanat said:
    Hi...
    Anybody knows how to disable caching in vanilla? Trying to remove items and firebug shows that filepath is something like \cache\Minify\file... In this case cannot see updates

Answer has been found here

• Ah right well, late reply I'm sorry, you'd just delete the content within the { } brackets and then replace it with display:none, like so:

.FollowsBox { display:none; }
    .AnswersBox {
    background: #353536;
    margin-right: 4px;
    border-top-right-radius: 2px;
    border-bottom-right-radius: 2px;
    etc etc...

It's just stopped working for me as I moved onto 2.0.18, which is a shame, I get "Bonk" error every time I try to switch Voting on.