Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Unable to post message to http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net.

clethrillclethrill ✭✭
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I get in my console Unable to post message to http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net. Recipient has origin

I have noticed I am not getting any money, despitre clicking some ads myself, and other people clicking some ads. I have also tries using pockets and adding in the code and I get the same error.

I should add that the ads display, fine, I have read that it may be an issue with chromes console and am looking into that now. Doesn't show up in firebug.... Mmmm.... I think you can close this

Best Answer

• ddumontddumont ✭✭
    edited December 2011 Answer ✓

That error is not really that important.

It's the browser blocking js access out of their iframe into your site. It's probably some sniffing code that they have for use when their ads appear within their own domain.

In other sites it throws a harmless error to the console.

There's currently an unfixed webkit bug where that access violation is not able to be caught by a try/catch to clean up the console.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• ddumontddumont ✭✭
    edited December 2011 Answer ✓

That error is not really that important.

It's the browser blocking js access out of their iframe into your site. It's probably some sniffing code that they have for use when their ads appear within their own domain.

In other sites it throws a harmless error to the console.

There's currently an unfixed webkit bug where that access violation is not able to be caught by a try/catch to clean up the console.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Thanks for the heads up