Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Postgresql DB Driver

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi everyone, im a pretty savvy developer, however short on time. I'm looking for someone who has successfully used PostgreSQL for their vanilla forum. If you have done so please let me know as i would love to gain insight or get a copy of your files.

Many thanks!
Jon

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

We originally planned on making Vanilla work with multiple databases, but abandoned that path long ago. There are specific SQL queries in the code now and it would be very difficult to port to PostgeSQL.

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

We originally planned on making Vanilla work with multiple databases, but abandoned that path long ago. There are specific SQL queries in the code now and it would be very difficult to port to PostgeSQL.

• FWIW, this is a shame, as when you are dealing with a very large amount of data MySQL's inability to handle schema changes without table locks makes migrations and upgrades painful at best and intractable at worst: projects like this should not be using MySQL. :(