Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

any toolbar for formatting

beatebeate New
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi, i just installed a number of plugins to get a toolbar for links, like in the community here. I tried markdown, NBBC and a lot more, I looked in the roles, if there was a checkbox for it I activated it, bur I didn't see any toolbar. Is there a special trick for it? How is the toolbar in this community configured?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

ahh, Thanks a lot! now it works!

• Options
    beatebeate New
    edited December 2011

But only on new discussions :( If i post to an existing discussion, the buttons don't work...

In div#Definitions there is

<input id="InputFormat" type="hidden" value="Text">

but on new discussions

<input id="InputFormat" type="hidden" value="Markdown">

very strange....

• Options

Ah, and despite of

$Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'Markdown';

in config.php there is no Markdown hint under the input box, I think the error depends on this...

• Options
    sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

yes thats the setting where you can define the format for the inputs. MARKDOWN HTML BBCODE

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Yes, but this setting should be for new discussions and new comments do existing discussions? Or is there a difference? I only see the markdown hint on new discussions...

• Options
    sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

oh thats because this MARKDOWN link has been posted additionally below this textarea.
    dont be scared about it. you can remove this line or change markdown to HTML or anything else by a little customization in button bar core plugin.

as for new discussions they will be posted with the INPUTFORMATTER you specify and for already posted - if you edit them then you can edit them with the new formatter

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Yes, I fixed it now, I updated each old Discussion in the database with UPDATE :-) Now it works.