Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to change I agree to the terms of service?

AFNAFN New
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

How to change I agree to the terms of service, to something else?

Best Answers

• clethrillclethrill ✭✭
    edited December 2011 Answer ✓

As in the words 'I agree to the terms of service' in the registration page?

Go to you /conf/config.php and add

$Configuration['I agree to the terms of service'] = 'I promise to adhere to and loyally abide by the terms of service as stated.

Make sure the 'I agree to the terms of service' is in exactly how it is seen capitals, punctuation and all. And, of course, the bit after it can be whatever you want.

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

And for anyone else that might ask. You can modify the actual terms of service with the following text:

$Definition['TermsOfServiceText'] = "
       <p>You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this
       community to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory,
       inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually
       oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative
       of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the
       copyright is owned by you.</p>

<p>We at this community also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or
       whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal
       action arising from any message posted by you. We log all internet protocol
       addresses accessing this web site.</p>

<p>Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and
       solicitations are inappropriate on this community.</p>

<p>We reserve the right to remove any content for any reason or no reason at
       all. We reserve the right to terminate any membership for any reason or no
       reason at all.</p>

<p>You must be at least 13 years of age to use this service.</p>
    ";

Answers

• clethrillclethrill ✭✭
    edited December 2011 Answer ✓

As in the words 'I agree to the terms of service' in the registration page?

Go to you /conf/config.php and add

$Configuration['I agree to the terms of service'] = 'I promise to adhere to and loyally abide by the terms of service as stated.

Make sure the 'I agree to the terms of service' is in exactly how it is seen capitals, punctuation and all. And, of course, the bit after it can be whatever you want.

• Thank you.

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

And for anyone else that might ask. You can modify the actual terms of service with the following text:

$Definition['TermsOfServiceText'] = "
       <p>You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this
       community to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory,
       inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually
       oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative
       of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the
       copyright is owned by you.</p>

<p>We at this community also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or
       whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal
       action arising from any message posted by you. We log all internet protocol
       addresses accessing this web site.</p>

<p>Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and
       solicitations are inappropriate on this community.</p>

<p>We reserve the right to remove any content for any reason or no reason at
       all. We reserve the right to terminate any membership for any reason or no
       reason at all.</p>

<p>You must be at least 13 years of age to use this service.</p>
    ";

• Thank you.