Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How can I get this theme to look like Light Clean Blue 1.5 by handla-online.org?

AFNAFN New
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Before I started using vanilla forum, I was using this Wordpress theme “Light Clean Blue 1.5 by handla-online.org” witch I like a lot, but when I started using vanilla forum I switched over to “Twenty Ten 1.2 by the WordPress team” and also used the VanillaPress2010 1.0 so that way the site would look the same.

However I tried making vanilla forum theme that would match Light Clean Blue 1.5 by handla-online.org witch I somehow made it look a little like Light Clean Blue 1.5 by handla-online.org, but I am having some issues.

You can take a look to see what I have done so fair by http://serversuport.site50.net/demo_forum/index.php

This page will have the demo and the download link for Light Clean Blue 1.5 by handla-online.org, see http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/light-clean-blue .

You can download a copy of what I have done so faire at http://serversuport.site50.net/demo_forum/downloads

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP

Good start ! :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• AFNAFN New
    edited December 2011

Thank You, @422

That makes me fell better that I am doing something right or a little close to what I want to accomplish, however it would be done, if everything is not center.

I have looked though the css files and removed any text that says "center" so it would not be center, however it is still displaying things center witch that is what is supping me.

So now I am at total lost, and this is also my first attempt at making a theme.

Do you know how I can make everything now appear centered? If so, that would help me get closer to being done and also when you hover over the link they need to chnage colors, like what Light Clean Blue 1.5 the Wordpress version does.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Sure on ipad at mo, will look in few mins

• 422422 Developer MVP

in

body {
        background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
        color: #000000;
        font-family: 'lucida grande','Lucida Sans Unicode',tahoma,sans-serif;
        font-size: small;
        line-height: 1.7em;
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
        text-align: center;

in style.css ( I would recommend working on your own css file. So in your themes > design folder add a css file called custom.css

add the above code to it, and change text-align:none

• Sorry, won't be able to publish any of the updates, until the site come's back on line. That is the butty of free web hosting cares about it's clients. I'm just happy that my website that I run is not hosted there and only the test site.

• I don't want any text to be center.

• I have been trying on my local computer, by changing all of the text from center to left to see if any chnage and nothing. I am stumped. I have no idea how to chnage the text from appearing from center to left. Witch I want all of the text to be left not centered.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited December 2011

I have already answered you

• AFNAFN New
    edited December 2011

Thank you,

The coding you gave me, did not work,

So I looked at some other code and copied it and changed the copied version to

C_1 {
    text-align: left;

then on the template I added this <div class="C_1"> content </div> witch worked, however some ware along the line I had messed up before even getting to that. I was comparing to Light Clean Blue 1.5 by handla-online.org and mine witch I am missing some parts, I think I have removed them, when I was trying to fix other issues.

So I do not know what to do know? Should I completely start over or go back and see if I can fix the missing parts that I might have removed my mistake?

• 422422 Developer MVP

Your site is suspended pending review, so unfortunately no one can assist you at the moment.

Creating new classes and ids only helps if you echo those changes in html/php

• Yea, happy for two reasons the test site is back up, and I'm almost done with the cloning the Wordpress version of Light Clean Blue 1.5 by handla-online.org, so now there will be a vanillaforum version.

• Sweet, I finally finished cloning Light Clean Blue 1.5 by handla-online.org, so now there is a vanilla forum version, I have now uploaded the clone to my website, http://afn.me so it’s live now. If anyone can tell me what you think and if there are any bugs that would be awesome.

Thank you, @422 for your help.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Looks great good work!

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

nice one :)