Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

No Categories

clethrillclethrill ✭✭
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I don't use categories on my site but I want the extended functionality (of the discussionexcerpt2 plugin) to my site (displaying of videos, images and text on the discussions list).
Is there a simple bit of code I can add or replace in the discussions excerpt plugin or is it possible for you to add extra functionality to nillablog to not need to use categories?
@ddumont <-- so I can get the badge :D

edit:
sorry for the double post, I got an error when clicking the ask question button so I spammed it

Best Answer

• ddumontddumont ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Well my project is GPL. You can modify my project to not check the category if you want. I don't think it's something that I'd bake into the plugin though.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

Try example plugin. It adds excerpt to all the discussions

• clethrillclethrill ✭✭
    edited December 2011

sahotataran said:
    Try example plugin. It adds excerpt to all the discussions

I have. The plugin strips all tags, I removed the stripping of tags functionality which brings through images but not videos.

• ddumontddumont ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Well my project is GPL. You can modify my project to not check the category if you want. I don't think it's something that I'd bake into the plugin though.

• mmk then, I will look at the code when I can