Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How can I hide messages from the login page?

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I use Vanilla in private mode, but messages still displays on the login page. Currently the login page look like this: ftp.2114.su/2comm-login-page.jpg. How can I fix it? Thank you and sorry my bad english, please.

P.S. Also I would be very grateful if you could give me clear instructions on how to remove search box and «Discussions» and «Activity» links form login page.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

regarding hiding discussions and activity and anything :

in your theme/views/default.master.php

use this
    $Session = Gdn::Session();
    if ($Session->IsValid()) {
    //everything you want to be visible to signed in user
    }

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

edited December 2011

Answer ✓

regarding hiding discussions and activity and anything :

in your theme/views/default.master.php

use this
    $Session = Gdn::Session();
    if ($Session->IsValid()) {
    //everything you want to be visible to signed in user
    }

• If I am not mistaken, PrivateCommunity just add line $Configuration['Garden']['PrivateCommunity'] = TRUE; in the config.php. I have it.

then did you try hiding the menu with the code i provided????

i just tried Messages with my forum installation and they dont seem to have option to hide for guest. you can try pockets and adding permission to that pocket

• Sorry, Taran, I responded to your first post. Yes, I was able to hide the menu and search through your instructions, thank you.

But I don't want to use Pockets :) I just want to hide the messages from the guests. And I can't understand: such behavior of messages with enabed private mode — this is a bug or a feature?

• edited December 2011

Found it. Put message.php in themes/[your_theme]/views/modules/ with next code: http://pastebin.com/AdZWxR40