Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Error after installing : Class 'ConfigurationModule' not found*

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

When I click on the tab in the dashboard I get:

Fatal error: Class 'ConfigurationModule' not found in /home/sites/theukwebdesigner.co.uk/public_html/forum/plugins/ApprovalEmailNotification/default.php on line 110

Comments

• Same here. I'm sure it is a quick fix, though I looked at the code and nothing jumps out at me.

• ConfigurationModule is something internal to Vanilla. What version of Vanilla are you on? I'm not sure when this was introduced, but I'd make sure you are on the latest version.

• How do you find out what version you are running??

• 422422 Developer MVP

Look at src code, after style.css it should say something like 2.081 etc sorry on mobile at moment but thats easiest way

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• ok i'm a complete noob ... don't know much about websites and the coding ...
    could you please explain in like minded terms??

• telx85 said:
    ok i'm a complete noob ... don't know much about websites and the coding ...
    could you please explain in like minded terms??

NO! Take some efforts yourself! open a file and look inside. You'll see the version when you look where 422 told you to look

• ok finally opening up a heap of files with nano I found this:

$Configuration['Conversations']['Version'] = '2.0.18.1';

which was located in ~/vanilla/conf/config.php

Am I correct to assume that this is the version installed? Why wouldn't this be outputted into the Dashboard for easy access??

Anyway to RSCOTT i've tried emailing you personally but no luck there... I still have the same issue as the OP

Cheers guys
    Steve

P.S. UnderDog - a simple explanation to show me WHERE to look would have sufficed...

• 422422 Developer MVP

Years ago i was trying to fix my car, and asked a mechanic a noob question. I said wheres the dipstick ! He said in the drivers seat and walked off

• Someone walked up to me and said : I was facing a wooden object. In that wooden object a metal object was sticking out.
    The metal object had an angle of about 90 degrees.
    The person I was facing had heard that he had to "Open da doar"

The person asked : All I can read on the wooden object is a sign that says : "door"

The person said : Am I on the right place here? Is that really a door or a "doar"?
    If I need to open this door, how do I open it? Do I need to use the metal angle object?
    How do I use that metal angle object?

The person continued : I looked and looked, I knocked and scratched, but nothing happened.

I need a step by step instruction how to open this wooden object.

Can you please help me, because I'm a noob.

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

@telx85 - his avatar explains his situation - he seems mad

• @UnderDog - you know this actually doesn't solve the issue... being a moderator and user admin you would think that sticking to the OP's issue and not derailing it would be your job. But hey what would I know.

@sahotataran - lol its the one picked for me when I signed up - i hope you approve of this one now :p

to people willing to share information in a less cryptic fashion please help.

l8r
    steve

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

well @telx85 i would suggest to go through the documentation to know basics of vanilla which i think are must for every user who comes here to know about vanilla and look for more basic answers there and if there are more complex situations then look for questions in forum.

• telx85 said:
    you would think that sticking to the OP's issue and not derailing it would be your job. But hey what would I know.

You're right, this topic is going nowhere. I'll close it then.
    You can start your own topic. Make sure the opening post is up to par.

This discussion has been closed.