HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

who are your influences?

edited January 2012 in General Banter

i like to throw in random names of programmers, layouters and designers from time to time so i thought it would be cool to ask you for whom you see as influences in your work. not to mention that some of them deserve their 15 minutes of rockstar stardom on here :)

my biggest influences and people whos work i admire would be chris coyier, j. chris anderson, ben atkin and remy sharp...and since everyone will say that anyways, todd for sure :p

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

That's a nice compliment. Thanks!

I'm trying to think of my specific influences and am drawing a blank here. I don't think I dutifully read any one blog or whatnot, but rather flit around to see what's interesting. I'm going to have to think on this though.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited January 2012

Jef Raskin was pretty awesome as an interface expert. Kind of more than programmer.

I kind of like his Archy idea. We really need to move beyond WIMP based interfaces. They seem fine if you have full mobility, but from an accessibility point of view they can be a nightmare.

He inspire me with a concept I'm working on called RUI (Rotation User Interface). Still on conceptual level ATM.

grep is your friend.

• Hexxeh is a pretty inspirational kid

• 422422 Developer MVP

Id have to say Judge Judy.

She rocks.

Quotes.

"I'm here because I'm smart, not because I'm young and gorgeous.... although I am!"

"My grandmother always told me; beauty fades, but dumb is forever!"

"Sir don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining."

There was an error rendering this rich post.