Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Error : Call to undefined method Gdn::Controller()?*

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hey all, theme looks great from the pictures but doesn't work and gives the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Gdn::Controller() in /public_html/forum/themes/minecraft/views/discussions/helper_functions.php on line 174

All I did was download the .zip, unarchive and uploaded to my "themes" directory. Am I missing something besides that?

Answers

• Options
    clethrillclethrill ✭✭
    edited January 2012

Interesting, I will have a look into it.

What version of vanilla are you using?

• Options

The latest, downloaded today actually.

• Options
    clethrillclethrill ✭✭
    edited January 2012

So I applied my minecraft theme again and I am getting a different error, quite odd.

Undefined variable: Data
    The error occurred on or near: C:\xampp\htdocs\themes\minecraft\views\discussions\index.php

I assume that is because I moved the start a new discussion button

I cannot replicate the error on my machine. The helper_functions file that you specified is almost unmodified, all that I have changed in it is that I added the functionality that discussionexcerpt2, exmaple and nillablog plugins do. To use the theme you could delete the file and simply use on of those plugins

• Options
    edited January 2012

I'll give that a try now.

well if i delete the discussion and discussions directories it works but the header image is missing. I'll keep messing around till I can get it right. :D