Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

how to install Vanilla CMS pluging

ChanuxChanux Admin of Geek.lk ✭✭
edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

how to install Vanilla CMS plugin. plz give me step bu step instructions
http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanillacms-application

Best Answer

• Options
    clethrillclethrill ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Well first of all it is an application not a plugin, that means it goes in the /applications/ folder not the /plugins/ folder

Answers

• Options
    clethrillclethrill ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Well first of all it is an application not a plugin, that means it goes in the /applications/ folder not the /plugins/ folder

• Options
    ChanuxChanux Admin of Geek.lk ✭✭

thanx @clethrill

• Options

Basically to those that don't know vanilla is built on the garden framework. Vanilla CMS is slightly a misnomer, it could be called Garden CMS, but then again less people are aware of Garden, so whatever.

Garden was built specially for the vanilla project, and related stuff like conversations. Early on in the project I had my doubts about his strategy, not being a mature framework.

I think it a nice, transportable, fairly compact framework of you like OOP (which IMO is no longer the flavour of the month but still very popular). I think it got better when they lost some of the idealism they had at the start, an made it more robust in practice.

I'm probably just talking to myself aren't I?

grep is your friend.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Nope @x00 always read your shiznit

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

i just checked X00 you joined 2 years ago. so you must be familiar with the Vanilla 1 as well - right? You must have seen bigggggg changes that went on withing Vanilla :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    Domos123Domos123 New
    edited January 2012

Christiantaylor said:
    i dont have idea regarding this, i am looking for idea for install.

Aruspa

This question has been answered by clethrill.
    If you have a question, please create a discussion for it, and include more detail than this.