Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Hot to check external linking domains, not links?

edited January 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
hi, any ideas how i can check the sites linking to my site/page, rather than the pages linking to it? I can of course check the total number of links via Y! siteexplorer, G webmaster tools etc, yet these only give the number of pages. The bad side is that one domain might have 1000 linkking pages, and in the service I want it would only count as 1 site.

For example, site A has 10000 links, and site B has 5000 links (2 times less). Yet, links to site A come from 2 sites, and links to site B come from 800 sites, which would definately make a difference in terms of pagerank, serp, etc. So I want to check the number of domains/sites linking to a page, not total external links.

I googled several variations like "check external linking sites" but in vain.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2012

Most link building tools don’t distinguish between a page’s number of inbound links and the number of linking domains, but MajesticSEO does.
    https://twitter.com/#!/grc_

• Options

Most link building tools don’t distinguish
    between a page’s number of inbound links and the number of linking domains, but
    MajesticSEO does.

• Options

Google Webmaster Tools actually does give a list of sites (not just pages). In GWT, go to "Your site on the web > Links to your site". Under "Who links most", click "more >>".

You should see a nice table showing all the domains that link to your site.

I hope this helps.

• Options
    edited January 2012

In rereading your original post, I'm not sure this actually helps.