Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Disabling menu items in the Admin Panel / Dashboard

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I am creating a Vanilla installation for a client and would like them to be the top level administrator but would also like to not have them be displayed menu items such as those dealing with appearance, data import, and other technical back-end stuff.

is there a straightforward way to do this?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012 Answer ✓

you will have to go through Roles & Permissions. there are all permissions which you want.

you can create a new Role and Edit it permissions according to your need and then assign the user that Role.

you can check them out Roles and Permissions

it will be pretty straight forward but still if you are not able to understand how- then keep posting your questions and problems here and i will be there. :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012 Answer ✓

you will have to go through Roles & Permissions. there are all permissions which you want.

you can create a new Role and Edit it permissions according to your need and then assign the user that Role.

you can check them out Roles and Permissions

it will be pretty straight forward but still if you are not able to understand how- then keep posting your questions and problems here and i will be there. :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.