Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is there a way to disable the registration email?

aitkencjaitkencj New
edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I searched and couldn't find an answer to this question -- hoping someone can help? I'm using jsConnect as the only method of creating new users on an embedded Vanilla forum hosted on my domain. The new user gets created correctly but they receive an unwanted registration email. How can I disable this?

Thanks, Chris

Tagged:

Best Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

There is a configuration setting that will prevent the email from being sent in single-sign-on situations:

$Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['SendConnectEmail'] = TRUE;

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

/config/config.php is where you change all the settings.

you will find another file which says config-defaults.php in /config/ folder but NEVER EDIT THAT CONFIG-DEFAULTS.php and save all the config changes in CONFIG.PHP

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

There is a configuration setting that will prevent the email from being sent in single-sign-on situations:

$Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['SendConnectEmail'] = TRUE;

• Thanks Todd -- which file(s) contain the configuration settings? Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Chris

Answer ✓

/config/config.php is where you change all the settings.

you will find another file which says config-defaults.php in /config/ folder but NEVER EDIT THAT CONFIG-DEFAULTS.php and save all the config changes in CONFIG.PHP

• Dear Todd & Sahotataran -- thanks so much for the quick replies. Much appreciated!

you are welcome :)

• thanks.