Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How can I make the user profiles the index?

AFNAFN New
edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

How can I make the user profiles the index?

Answers

• ChanuxChanux Admin of Geek.lk ✭✭

go to dashbpard > select "home page" option

you can see " http://localhost/vanilla/index.php?p=/ " and blank space

type "profile" for blank space.

• Thank you, but that only works when a user is signed in, now how can I make a custom page for when someone is not signed in?

• 422422 Developer MVP

Custom pages plugin

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Thank you, but that only works when a user is signed in. Now how can I get a custom page to show up when a user is not signed in so I do not get this “Page Not Found” (I have uploaded and activated custom page plug-in)

• 422422 Developer MVP

Works for me, guessing u have specific code u r embedding

• Sorry, but I do not follow, this is what I have done.

I have logged into the admin area > Home page > changed the default to “profile” > uploaded "custom pages" plug-in > activated it > and does not do anything, I still get “Page Not Found” when someone is not logged in when they try accessing my website, however when a user is logged in, they see their profile.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Try sharing a link or two

• AFNAFN New
    edited February 2012

Some how I have removed some of the files, so I'm having to reinstall it.

• Will it's not my website, it's the server, the MySQL server is down. I'll have to wait.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

the profile page can't be the landing page for a non-logged in user.... where would it go? there is no "profile" for guest.

• 422422 Developer MVP

I think afn would be better off withh rewrite via htaccess.. Not my cuppa tea but weird request, must be a reason but

• In conjunction with the changes you've made above, would making the forum private—thus forcing logins—work in the way you want.

• AFNAFN New
    edited February 2012

Thank you everyone, however I do not think vanilla forums is made for that, so that is will not work. I'll install a blog plug-in and disable comment or posting except for one past of the forum.