Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

HTML filter with Htaccess Rewrite?

TurbolegoTurbolego New
edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

My users need to post google maps in the forum posts, and i found out trough this thread that you can use the AllowRawFormat plugin.

But since there are some people out there that just want to watch the world burn, i need a filter so that only some html-tags are allowed.

I would need a filter that by default denies all HTML codes, and i write in the tags that are allowed.

For example, i want all iframe-tags that does NOT begin with "<iframe marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google" to be rewritten to "only iframes from google maps allowed"

In the previous mentioned thread, 422 told me that you could use something called "Htaccess Rewrite" to do that.

Does anyone have a forum with a Htaccess Rewrite filter? Like for cursing or something? I would love to see what that code looks like, and witch file/directory i need to put that piece of code inside...

Thanks for reading. :]

Best Answers

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

Nothing to do with Htaccess.

AllowRawFormat is a pretty foolish thin to enable on the public forums, so you are right the be a cautious.

You can set htmlawed to do custom stuff.

But really you don't even need that. All you want is for users to put the url in an allow the software to embed the map. However they may want some sore to of interface to help, with geolocation, etc.

I maybe able to help you.

grep is your friend.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

My apologies.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

Nothing to do with Htaccess.

AllowRawFormat is a pretty foolish thin to enable on the public forums, so you are right the be a cautious.

You can set htmlawed to do custom stuff.

But really you don't even need that. All you want is for users to put the url in an allow the software to embed the map. However they may want some sore to of interface to help, with geolocation, etc.

I maybe able to help you.

grep is your friend.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

My apologies.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Thanks x00, but i have no way of sponsoring anything right now, so i'll have to start small with just a filter and make an interface later when i get founding.

Do you have any examples on how to use htmlawed with vanilla forum?

Maybe i should make another thread called "HTML filter with htmlawed?" right away, this should be of interest to many users here on vanilla forums.