Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can't embed Youtube link on my Board ? Please Help

edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I recently upgraded to the latest version of vanilla 2.0.18.1
and now when i post a link for a youtube video, the video doesn't embed like it should. Only the video link shows up.

How can i make the video show up instead of the youtube link.

Tagged:

Answers

• TurbolegoTurbolego New
    edited February 2012

You can use AllowRawFormat HTML

However, that will allow all the user-groups that you select, to use this plugin.

I'm currently looking for an alternative to this in order to allow my users to post iframe HTML tags without worrying that someone will use hazardous HTML codes...

For that i have been tip'd to use Htaccess Rewrite but i have not gone forward with that yet...

Please comment if you find a way to filter out any HTML except those that begin with "<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/"

That would help me greatly.

•  $Configuration['Garden']['Format']['YouTube'] = TRUE;
     $Configuration['Garden']['Format']['Vimeo'] = TRUE;
     $Configuration['Garden']['Format']['EmbedSize'] = 'normal'; // tiny/small/normal/big/huge or WIDTHxHEIGHT

grep is your friend.

• I'm having the same issue since upgrading, but it's weirder.

If I start a new discussion and try to embed, there's no video but you can see the code and the link is live. This happens using both WYSIWYG and html editor.

If I try the trick of pasting the link only, breaking it and then crossing my fingers for vanilla to automatically embed it, I get this error:

You don't have permission to access /forum/post/discussion/15 on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If I comment on a discussion, I can then rely on Vanilla to automatically embed and it works without a problem.

Any ideas? :)

Thank you!

• @x00
    My setting is set like that already and i double check it over and over...i got the same problem... Any other Option

• sadvcfasdfcsqd x xc vsdffqsf

• Turns out it's an intermittent thing for me. My trick of above where I comment on a discussion and add the video doesn't always work. I can delete the failed comment, retry it and it might work, other times it doesn't.

Very strange! :S

• I'm having the same issue

• @ele said:
    I'm having the same issue

same as what. there are different issues described. describe yours in detail.

And you are using vanilla 2.0.18.1 correct? or did you want to start a new thread?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.