Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Custom Colors

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hey, I was wondering if it's possible to have an individual person have a specific color for their text when they make a Topic.
If you have no idea what i mean, here's an example:
bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=69822360

You see how that first person had a yellow font color and another had a brown-ish font color. I want to do this so people can be like, "Oh he has a different role and color, so he's a good forum member" Also is it possible to remove the change font color button and also Source button too (to prevent them to code the color)

If it's not possible, then at least tell me if I can still remove the buttons.
Thanks.

Best Answer

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

If you want to do DEV work on your forum, you must deactivate Minify, because it condenses all css and works from cache.

If you have a role, lets say killers then you can set up css attribute for that role, may take some tinkering but its dooable.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP

thats set by usergroup.

So a usergroup would have an id, and you can attribute a class to that id. in your css

• @422

When you mean by usergroups, are you talking about their roles and permissions?

• 422422 Developer MVP

Yessums :)

• edited February 2012

So what's the css for to change the color?

• So what's the css to change the text color? (Kinda like this: .role-administrator .profile .Comment .Meta .Author a { color: #FFC125 !important;

• 422422 Developer MVP

yes

So if you had id: member

then you could add in custom css specific class for that u/g

like #member {padding:2px 4px;border-color#212121;color#ec008c;} etc as an example

• See what I did there. I want that to change for different roles. But I have no idea

• 422422 Developer MVP

for starters ( minify ) cocks everything up, on DEV work. Remove it until you are ready to go live.

Secondly, have you set some usergroups up ( roles and permissions ) ?

• So deactivate Minify and I have lots of Roles, lots.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

If you want to do DEV work on your forum, you must deactivate Minify, because it condenses all css and works from cache.

If you have a role, lets say killers then you can set up css attribute for that role, may take some tinkering but its dooable.