Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

No me sale la pestaña AboutMe

edited July 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Cuando instalo el plugin y lo activo me sale el campo de Edit My Profile pero cuando lleno todo los datos no me sale las pestaña de About Me en el perfil.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• zodiacdmzodiacdm
    Answer ✓
    Hmm, what version of Vanilla are you using?

I completely deleted the plugin, downloaded it from here, and installed it again.

It seems to work fine for me. The tab is there, and so is the option to edit my profile.

I even signed into a test account with a member role to see if that was causing the problem...

I am running an unstable version downloaded only a few hours ago, however, so that may have something to do with it, though I don't think so.

So you are not seeing an "Edit My Details" link? Or are you saying that the plugin made the already existing 'Edit My Profile" link dissapear?

Answers

• Sorry, I don't speak Spanish, though I used translate to figure out what you were trying to say.

I know what is wrong, I added a custom fire event to my own Vanilla, and I forgot to change the event in the plugin.

I just fixed it quick and reuploaded the new version, should be good.

Also, if you would like to have the 'about me' tab to be the first tab on the page as I did, you can follow the simple instructions at the top of the default.php file.
  • But i update the plugin with the new version and i`m having the same problem and now doesn`t appear the edit my profile llink below the profile photo.
  • Hmm, I'll look into that for you.

I'll delete my version and start with a fresh Vanilla install, to debug it.
  • zodiacdmzodiacdm
    Answer ✓
    Hmm, what version of Vanilla are you using?

I completely deleted the plugin, downloaded it from here, and installed it again.

It seems to work fine for me. The tab is there, and so is the option to edit my profile.

I even signed into a test account with a member role to see if that was causing the problem...

I am running an unstable version downloaded only a few hours ago, however, so that may have something to do with it, though I don't think so.

So you are not seeing an "Edit My Details" link? Or are you saying that the plugin made the already existing 'Edit My Profile" link dissapear?
  • Hmm, what version of Vanilla are you using?

Yes that is what happen.
  • edited February 2012

I have also installed AboutMe and am running the en_ca locale (spanish version) and I do not see any change in the registration form.

• Hmm... No, the method for adding fields to the registration form included in that version does not work.

I had done this before at one point, though it required adding something to the hooks of the theme, and a custom view.

I will be releasing a newer version with improved privacy controls soon. Hopefully I will fix your problem wocker.