Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Display Latest Posts on homepage?

businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP
edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi all,
I'm new to Vanilla. I'm using Vanilla 2 and I have the need to show, on the front page, a list of the latest posts in all categories. I looked in the Addon section, but I couldn't find any, perhaps it may be called differently?

Thanks for your help.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Isn't the default All Discussions view showing all recent posts in all categories?

Answers

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Isn't the default All Discussions view showing all recent posts in all categories?

• 422422 Developer MVP

Well i was thinking the same Jon lol.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

Is it? I'll double check, as I haven't installed it myself and it now shows the categories on the home page.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP
    edited March 2012

That's true! :)
    The homepage was was set to Categories in the configuration, effectively there's "Discussion" in the top menu. Is there a way to add entries to that menu?

My customer would like the forum to look "vBulletin-style" (yes, I know...) and I'm trying to get as close to it as possible.