Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Discussion change in opacity

edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Okay, so can someone help me out here. I've looked for the class but I cant seem to get it right. I want to get rid of the difference. Where it alters the opacity. I want them all just a color or gradient.

http://3.imgland.net/8ZzLq.png

Where it changes after the last post.

Best Answers

• rprrpr
    Answer ✓

Looks like there's an 'alt' class:

<li id="Comment_156076" class="Item Comment Alt"> <li id="Comment_156079" class="Item Comment"> <li id="Comment_156086" class="Item Comment Alt"> <li id="Comment_156087" class="Item Comment"> <li id="Comment_156088" class="Item Comment Alt">

Easy to find using Browsers Firebug-Like Dev tools to track CSS Rules?

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
    Answer ✓

rpr said:

<li id="Comment_156076" class="Item Comment Alt"> <li id="Comment_156079" class="Item Comment"> <li id="Comment_156086" class="Item Comment Alt"> <li id="Comment_156087" class="Item Comment"> <li id="Comment_156088" class="Item Comment Alt">

Yep thats it. Sorry for the short answer and no reply earlier, ive been working long hours and only have a few minutes at a time to stop by here.

As noted, firebug and my favorite chrome - inspect element both woek wonders in trying to find what controls what. You can walk throught all of the elements and traverse the whole css structure interactively in chrome. Really quite briliant when trying to figure out where that pesky alternating formatting thing is.

Answers

• I'm sorry, can I ask something else? That theme you're using in the screenshot. Which theme is that? It isn't minecraft, isn't it?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @underdog No its my own theme Im making.

@hbf It is? Where abouts. Ive never seen that optipn.

• amphios said:
    No its my own theme Im making.

Well... it's fking awesome. I hope you put it online for download once it's done

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Thanks man, first time styling properly with Vanilla. Im used to VB and havnt coded in awhile so Ive forgotton things.

Ill be sure to put it up though.

• rprrpr
    Answer ✓

• Thanks for that, I was editing a class right above it and didn't notice.. Thanks.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
    Answer ✓

rpr said:

Yep thats it. Sorry for the short answer and no reply earlier, ive been working long hours and only have a few minutes at a time to stop by here.

As noted, firebug and my favorite chrome - inspect element both woek wonders in trying to find what controls what. You can walk throught all of the elements and traverse the whole css structure interactively in chrome. Really quite briliant when trying to figure out where that pesky alternating formatting thing is.

• I use it to, I'm new to Firebug/Inspect really. I've never used it till now so I'm still getting used to whats what.