Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Split : How do I add panels to the side bar?*

UnderDogUnderDog MVP
edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
This discussion was created from comments split from: How do I add panels to the side bar?.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• This morning I created my first ever Vanilla plugin called "Link List", which does exactly what @Douglas_Thor is asking for. Actually the inspiration came from the Link Exchange module on http://pinoyau.info/ .

It's really not a plugin. The links are hard-coded inside the plugin. All I did was to copy the In This Discussion plugin, removed the existing stuff there, updated some things here and there, added the HTML code similar to what @Aolee posted above and got it working. Had I read this post earlier, I would have chosen the simpler option posted by Aolee.

Ideally, I would like to make the list configurable through the dashboard, rather than hardcoding it inside the plugin. I'll try to make the list configurable, and if I'm able to do that, I'll contribute the plugin to the community. Right now, it's really nothing.

• AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭
    edited March 2012

actually i already create a plugin for it with configuration in dashboard :) launching it soon :) my only problem left is how to make the position of the plugin configurable. like make it appear in specific position. e.g after whosonline, userlist, etc

• @Aolee - that's great. I finally managed to figure out how to change the position of panels through config.php. But having a plugin to do all this stuff would be huge time saver for many.