HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Community Theme - Simplify

edited March 2012 in Feedback

Hey guys,
I have been busy working on some themes I want to release for the community. Just looking for some feedback on what to improve etc.

Thanks

Simplify -

Answers

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Beautiful indeed.

I am interested to see when the categories name are longer than one line.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭

That is beautiful! I love it.

You might want to consider more separation between panel boxes (e.g. the Popular Tags almost looks like it's part of the category list), and you could probably try to customize the discussion tabs a bit more, they seem default right now. Maybe use a view to shorten the names (e.g. My Discussions to just Mine, would make them fit better in the thin content pane you have, some people could have a lot of tabs since many popular plugins add them).

• 422422 Developer MVP

Looks nice, my only concern is the image. Will this be on every page ? Is it collapsible etc ?

Aside from that, looks slick and clean. Just what i liiiiiiiiike :)

• I can't see the image. I see the frog inside an ice cube :) and a message below that says Domain unregistered: To view, register at bit.ly/imageshack-domain.

• @aery @jspautsch @422 Thank you. I am actively working on other elements such as the tabs etc. Will also test out longer categories etc to make sure all is looking right.

With the header image I was going to have it on all pages seeing as it can be replaced with your product. I may shrink it on other pages that aren't the main page.

@brainolution I'm not sure why you aren't seeing the image as I see it fine. I will upload to another source later on.

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

That is a damn nice theme. Now is the little pink triangle on you heading banner an image or css trickerdooary? The later would be sweet.

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭

Todd said:
    Now is the little pink triangle on you heading banner an image or css trickerdooary? The later would be sweet.

The ribbon is CSS, thanks to some fancy CSS3, e.g. http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/ribbon/

• @Todd Thanks Todd. As @jspautsch has said, the ribbon notifications are in CSS.

• Here's a little update, not done anything with the tabs yet seeing as I have no ides what I want to do with them. Also not sure I like the Boxes in the Panel bar, will probably change that.

• @Stewartiee,

I've tried with Chrome and IE and get the same error message. I'm in Singapore, and generally we don't have restrictions accessing any sites. But yeah, it would be great if you could post it somewhere else as well. Going by the comments, I'm eager to see your new theme.

Thanks.

• 422422 Developer MVP

So far he has only posted a screenshot. Are you trying to view a domain @brainolution ?

• @Stewartiee : Just wow - not too decorated, not too simple. Looks great, loved it. How about browser compatibility? (Think the notorious Internet Explorer - support for IE8+ would be good.)

• @422 - I was talking about the screenshot. I can see it now from work, but I couldn't see it from home. I was getting that imageshack error message. I'm wondering why it would behave so.

Coming back to the theme, it looks delicious :) The My Discussions looks a bit out of place though.