Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Sitemaps plugin isn't working

edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

As per the plugin's description, my forum's sitemap should be at http://subdomain.example.com/sitemap.index.xml. But it isn't. Has the development of this plugin been abandoned?

If you are implementing a sitemap on your forum, please do share how.

EDIT: And oh, I'm running Vanilla v2.1a

Best Answer

Answers

• Answer ✓

The solution can be found here.

• badlearner said:
    The solution can be found here.

I tried to do everything it says on the link and nothing works for me, I have the latest version of Vanilla

• @JoZ3_69 : A new version of sitemaps plugin was released yesterday. It should work out of the box. Just install and run! You can get it here.

And one more thing, if you are already running the latest version of sitemaps plugin, you can access your sitemap here: example.com/sitemapindex.xml

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited March 2012

@JoZ3_69

To confirm what @badlearner says, I could never get previous versions of the sitemap plugin to work, but the latest one works exactly as expected, with no faffing around.

• sweet a new version i'll try this out. there's alot of troubleshooting with the old one.. :|

• nice the latest version works great! :D

• @whu606 : Take a look at this. The latest version isn't bug-free after all. :(

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@badlearner - strange, mine is...

• Out of curiosity, is there any reason to upgrade if you have sitmaps working already?

• @Rajio - No. I would stick to it if I were you.

@whu606: I added a new comment under the issue. Take a shot.