Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

target="_blank" not working

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have tried searching here but could not find any solution for me. Does anyone know?

Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP

Not working where.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• 422 said:
    Not working where.

lol, new t-shirt, again

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited April 2012

• 422422 Developer MVP

Bit like the fella who stayed up all night to watch sunrise, and then it dawned on him!

• edited April 2012

@422 external link not open new window. any part can i edit?
    http://forum.caricyber.com

• 422422 Developer MVP

You want EVERY SINGLE a href to open in NEW window!

• @422 : I want it like this forum. When I click the link at conversation or comment section, link open in new window.

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited April 2012

click (seriously, learn how to edit a template, or helper_functions.php in a certain theme directory after you've read the google results)

• Underdog I think he being pretty clear that is talking about comment body, this has little to do with editing the template, it is more to do with the formatter he using (or perhaps other things the could be stripping this).

alanemkay what formatter are you using?

grep is your friend.

• @x00 : I'm using cleditor.

• Answer ✓

Try using this http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/newwindow2.htm and link the js file in your default.master.php. It will work. :)

• That isn't really what he was asking for. That is to do with warning people about outside links

grep is your friend.

• @alanemkay that is the editor rather than that formatter. If you wan to check if the editor is striping. You could either use firebug, or disable the plugin an see if you can't post target="_blank"

grep is your friend.

• thank you very much to all..this problem solved

• 422422 Developer MVP

You chose the dynamic drive answer ! Crikey

• @422 yes sir. I've tried many tips but didn't work..with the dynamic drive it very simple n easy :)

• fair enough if it works for you, it probably was the editor that was stripping it, as it not the default behaviour for htmlLawed, but this solution is unobtrusive.

grep is your friend.