Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Comment autorefresh

CalCal
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have downloaded the ZIP version on the main website, and used that on 2 forums. I love the auto refresh feature, under Dashboard > Forum > Advanced > Comment Refresh

For another forum, I cloned the git source from github. Whilst everything is shiny and new, this marvellous feature is gone.

I have looked everywhere for answers, but can't find why.

I even tried to manually set $Configuration['Vanilla']['Comments']['AutoRefresh'] = '5';
in config.php to no avail.

If anyone could shine some light on this I will be very grateful!

Regards
Cal

Tagged:

Best Answer

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

nevertheless you can't expect everything to work on an alpha release. You should report thee issue through git hub, if you are a tester.

grep is your friend.

Answers

• if you specify which version, it might help :)
    there are different versions e,g. beta 2.1 and 2.0.18.4

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Good idea. The new one is 2.1a10p2 and the old one (which has the magical refresh thing) is version 2.0.18.3.

Thanks, Cal

• that is a alpha release, don't use that on a production site, seriously.....

grep is your friend.

• x00: It is currently on an internal site. I will probably switch to the real release at some point and try to keep the new embed-friendly skin.

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

nevertheless you can't expect everything to work on an alpha release. You should report thee issue through git hub, if you are a tester.

grep is your friend.

• Ok then, thanks for the help guys