Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Need to edit Panel

JawadJawad New
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have removed the panel from the sidebar using CSS. But I want to show particular Panel elements in the page like bookmarked discussions and the START A DISCUSSION button somewhere on the page. I know this can be done 'Cause I've seen some examples.
Can someone tell me how can I show some random Panel elements? or can someone tell me where exactly is the panel file saved?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2012 Answer ✓

They refer to modules. Panel refers to the side panel. Vanilla refers narrowly to the forum pages, Garden refers to pages across the framework.

The first for allow you to enable or disable those modules. The last for enable you to order and include those module in that context.

They go in the conf/config.php

grep is your friend.

Answers

• You have these config options

$Configuration['Garden']['Modules']['ShowGuestModule']          = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Modules']['ShowSignedInModule']       = FALSE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Modules']['ShowRecentUserModule']     = FALSE;

$Configuration['Vanilla']['Modules']['ShowBookmarkedModule'] = TRUE;

$Configuration['Modules']['Garden']['Panel'] = array('UserPhotoModule', 'UserInfoModule', 'GuestModule', 'Ads');
    $Configuration['Modules']['Garden']['Content'] = array('MessageModule', 'Notices', 'Content', 'Ads');
    $Configuration['Modules']['Vanilla']['Panel'] = array('NewDiscussionModule', 'SignedInModule', 'GuestModule', 'Ads');
    $Configuration['Modules']['Vanilla']['Content'] = array('MessageModule', 'Notices', 'NewConversationModule', 'NewDiscussionModule', 'CategoryModeratorsModule', 'Content', 'Ads');

That should help you with disabling/enabling an order.

grep is your friend.

• not helpful :(
    Can you explain it?

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2012 Answer ✓

They refer to modules. Panel refers to the side panel. Vanilla refers narrowly to the forum pages, Garden refers to pages across the framework.

The first for allow you to enable or disable those modules. The last for enable you to order and include those module in that context.

They go in the conf/config.php

grep is your friend.

• Thank you. I got it.