Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Uploading Plugins to GoDaddy

2»

Answers

• Yep. That is the way my forums folder looks like. So does that mean I should go ahead and delete those file inside the cache with .ini?

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited April 2012

yes ( only the .ini files though )

cache folder should be chmodded to 777

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• 422422 Developer MVP

in that same folder can you open htaccess file ( be careful not to change anything )

Do you see a line like this:

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L]

If you do thats cool, just being nosey .. if you dont... we can move on

• I deleted 9 .ini check filezilla then 4 more appeared "local_map.ini, c_library_map.ini, a_dashboard_controller_map.ini and a_dashobard_library_map.ini" I changed cache folder from 705 to 777 but when I check it again it shows as 705.

I see this in htaaccess

Original

If you modify this file then change the above line to: # Modified

RewriteEngine On
    # Certain hosts may require the following line.
    # If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /.
    # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum)
    RewriteBase /forums/
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L]

• 422422 Developer MVP

yep looks fine.

Ok are you on shared host ? Because if you havent the "remote" permissions to change folder permissions , this could be the issue.

If you log out of ftp and back in, and view properties of cache folder it should be 777

If it isnt, put a support ticket in with GoBaddy ;)

• Hehe GoBaddy.

Fortunately I don't need to contact them (well yet anyway).

I logged out of the FileZilla and back in went to forums > cache right clicked and it is now showing as 777.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited April 2012

Cool.

Download a plugin from here something you dont have, Unzip.. And upload to your plugins folder.

Then go into dashboard and see if its there

• Ok it has to be something I am doing wrong. I downloaded postcount-plugin and uploaded it to forums > plugins without using FileZilla ie just uploaded directly into FTP File Manager inside GoDaddy.

The plugin showed up as postcount_plugin-1-0-2.zip. So I then clicked unarchive where I was given the choice of destination where I selected /forums/plugins/postcount I left the box ticked that said "Overright existing file" selected ok and then postcount file appeared as a directory file type. I then went back to the dashboard and still nothing. I mean could it have anything to do with the fact I'm using Wordpress?

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

no

You must UNZIP file .

Open the folder..

Upload contents ie... in the zip folder, there is a main folder called eg. dave

you upload that NOT the zip !

• Ah I knew I was doing something wrong. Ok so when I download then open the whosOnline plugin I see 4 items. "class.whosonlinemodule.php, defualt.php, whosonline.js and a folder called views"

So do I simply upload each of those one by one to the plugins folder or just the contents of the views folder?

• 422422 Developer MVP

No.

When you download a plugin called dave.zip and you unzip

You have a folder called dave

Upload that folder INTACT

• OMG OMG!!! I finally got it! I simply uploaded each of those files after unzipping them and boom! Its finally working! So happy to finally get this all working I can't tell you!

Thank you so much 422 for helping me. I know dealing with newbies like myself with limited knowledge of FTP and code must be frustrating at times. So I do appreciate you not only take your time to help but being as patient and helpful are are. Really cannot thank you enough!

Once again THANK YOU 422 :)

Cheers Michael

• 422422 Developer MVP

Thats what we are here for, enjoy dude.:)