Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Creating Equations through editor

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I want to create equations to include in body text and the title of discussions. Is there a way to include math symbols in the editor? If not please suggest any other solution that can be used.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• ∀ ∀ ∀ for all
    ∂ ∂ ∂ part
    ∃ ∃ ∃ exists
    ∅ ∅ ∅ empty
    ∇ ∇ ∇ nabla
    ∈ ∈ ∈ isin
    ∉ ∉ ∉ notin
    ∋ ∋ ∋ ni
    ∏ ∏ ∏ prod
    ∑ ∑ ∑ sum
    − − − minus
    ∗ ∗ ∗ lowast
    √ √ √ square root
    ∝ ∝ ∝ proportional to
    ∞ ∞ ∞ infinity
    ∠ ∠ ∠ angle
    ∧ ∧ ∧ and
    ∨ ∨ ∨ or
    ∩ ∩ ∩ cap
    ∪ ∪ ∪ cup
    ∫ ∫ ∫ integral
    ∴ ∴ ∴ therefore
    ∼ ∼ ∼ similar to
    ≅ ≅ ≅ congruent to
    ≈ ≈ ≈ almost equal
    ≠ ≠ ≠ not equal
    ≡ ≡ ≡ equivalent
    ≤ ≤ ≤ less or equal
    ≥ ≥ ≥ greater or equal
    ⊂ ⊂ ⊂ subset of
    ⊃ ⊃ ⊃ superset of
    ⊄ ⊄ ⊄ not subset of
    ⊆ ⊆ ⊆ subset or equal
    ⊇ ⊇ ⊇ superset or equal
    ⊕ ⊕ ⊕ circled plus
    ⊗ ⊗ ⊗ circled times
    ⊥ ⊥ ⊥ perpendicular
    ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ dot operator

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thanks @peregrine Is there a way to show subscripts superscripts in the discussion titles as well?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

I don't believe so, without changing the underlying code that strips tags out

maybe x00 has a magical answer.

since you are weaving off of the discussion title it is best to start a new discussion with a new discussion title and mark this thread as accepted and possibly liked.

• i would like to have this. can anyone help?

• didn't work for me. can you point out where it is working? i want something like this