Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Color to mod and admin names?

HorrorHorror New
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Just a simple request. I wish to make admins and mods stand out when they post replies! A simple color coded system would work. Any tips on how to do this? I've been searching for a while and can't find it :(

Best Answer

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

There's a plugin for that, look in the addons for that plugin.

If you want it on this site... you'll have to wait till the Vanilla guys answer your question.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

There's a plugin for that, look in the addons for that plugin.

If you want it on this site... you'll have to wait till the Vanilla guys answer your question.

• Thanks a lot for the comment, I'll certainly look! But might you have any reccomendations if there are multiple choices? :)

• 422422 Developer MVP

Thats three posts reported as spam.. U loser

• 422422 Developer MVP

Incidentally, my comment above was regarding an intermediate poster , who had posted after @Horror.

Thought I would explain, as it appears I was referring to you mate lol. ( a mod has removed the spammers post )

• LOL, thanks @422 for the clarification!

@Horror if you have multiple choices for the 'color me admin' plugins, if there are multiple choices, I wouldn't know which one to recommend. Let's see which one give you the best results that you like.

• Thanks for all the help everyone!

I found the addon that adds tags to mods and admins, as well as some class stuff to allow CSS edits to add color to the names. With the help of a moderator, I was able to do exactly what I wanted :)

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited April 2012

goodonya @Horror, for updating. We LOVE it when you guys do this :)

• No problem! I had some frustration finding it myself, so if someone wants something similar, I like to help point out the solution!

Anyone looking at this thread in the future, here is what we did.

1. Access your dashboard and go to the Addons section for official addons. Find and activate "RoleTitle". This will add small tags, and allow css edits.

2. Add this to your CSS (Customize Theme -> Edit CSS at the top) and change the hex colors to your liking. (Keep in mind we were unable to find a way to color the names of admins if they were the ones creating the thread, but it works on all replies, so I am happy. Credits go to "Fire" on our forums, support.twitch.tv for writing this CSS code for me)

.Role_Moderator .Comment .Author .Username {
    color: #CC0000;
    background: #eee;
    padding: 1px 4px 2px 4px;
    -moz-border-radius: 2px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 2px;
    border-radius: 2px;
    }

.Role_Moderator .Comment .Author a:hover {color: #E66767;}

.Role_Administrator .Comment .Author .Username {
    color: #0F5DA0;
    background: #eee;
    padding: 1px 4px 2px 4px;
    -moz-border-radius: 2px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 2px;
    border-radius: 2px;
    }

.Role_Administrator .Comment .Author a:hover {color: #2E94AC;}

• 422422 Developer MVP

Could you add this to the vanilla wiki, esp. For posterity.

• Sadly I have no knowledge on how to edit wikis, i was never interested in them. This isn't something I would mind if others take and place where they liked, seems simple enough. I just personally wanted to credit Fire for helping me.

• 422422 Developer MVP

No worries, i dont get wikis either lol.

• Thank you for posting this...I still have a couple questions...we migrated from Vanilla 1.3 to V 2.0.18.4.

So, when we brought it all over role colors were migrated over.

I dont have role title enabled...i have checked the applications/dashboard/design for a css maybe holding these setting and I am not finding anything close to:

.Role_Moderator .Comment .Author .Username { color: #CC0000; background: #eee; padding: 1px 4px 2px 4px; -moz-border-radius: 2px; -webkit-border-radius: 2px; border-radius: 2px; }

Anywhere...so, I know you arent mind reader, but I was hoping to get a better hint at where to look for this setting...

please...thank you for you help

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

Chrome dev tools and Firebug will tell you in which file the definitions can be found.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub