Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

'Activity' pages "Not much happening here, yet." after import*

MahkatoMahkato New
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I clean-installed the latest version of Vanilla, and then used Vanilla Porter to export everything from my old forum (v.2.0.17.9) and the built-in Importer to put it back in my new forum. Everything seems to be working fine except that the Activity page just says "Not much happening here, yet." Same goes for individual users' Activity pages.

However, the GDN_Activity table has all of the data in it from the old site (as expected), so I don't know why it's not showing anything. Additionally, when I start to post things on the new forum, the new items are not showing on the Activity page either, even though they are getting added to the GDN_Activity table.

Since no error message is being displayed, I don't really know where to look to figure out this problem.

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP

just a hunch have you deleted all .ini files in cache folder

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I hadn't, but I did now, and I re-ran /utility/upgrade, but nothing changed.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Message one of the devs.

Tim , todd, lincoln

They should be able to help, just beware they are alaskan ice road truckers ;)

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited April 2012

There are a couple of options and I hope you're doing these things on your local PC and not on the actual server:

Install clean 2.0.17.9 (??) and restore the files with the built-in importer.

See if everything still works

Now install the latest version of Vanilla and do the upgrade

The other option is to see if... If you post for example a new discussion, will it show up in your forum? So only the activity part is broken? Or will that new discussion also not show up in your forum?

In that case maybe it's something really simple...

Here is some piece of code to start with, just a spoiler of what's happening on those activity pages:
    if ($this->ActivityData->NumRows() > 0) { //blabla } else { ?> <div class="Empty"><?php echo T('Not much happening here, yet.'); ?></div> <?php }

The ActivityData part is a bit tricky. You might want to turn on the debug modus for that one. Let's see which SQL query gets executed there (no prefixes please!)