Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Users config . An idea

2»

Answers

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

I mean like plugins that extract into a folder of a certain name.

/myconfapp/readme.txt
    /myconfapp/myconfidisplayer.php

zip the folder myconfapp so the extraction comes out
    /myconfapp/readme.txt
    /myconfapp/myconfidisplayer.php

rather than
    readme.txt
    myconfidisplayer.php

in whatever folder you are in  (otherwise the readme.txt may overwrite another readme.txt depending upon where you extract it)

kind of hard to explain but I think you know what I mean.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Nope i dont do plugins.

Download what i did, edit and email me the zip. I will replace the version i made with your zip. Call it exact same zip name.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

I don't know what your zip package is , but if you don't know how to do it (I assume you mean that). It's worth learning, if I understand you. The only relation to a plugin (that i meant is that it has a folder with files inside it after it extracts (rather than just two files).

If you don't care, don't worry about it, I won't.

http://kb.winzip.com/kb/?View=entry&EntryID=102

http://kb.winzip.com/kb/entry/97

are you on windows, or linux, or some other os.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited April 2012

You have totally lost me, the zip that we upload to our server has 2 files within it.

A .php and a .txt file

Its not rocket science. I zip stuff all day long. So no idea what your rabbiting about. If you extract the zip in our downloads area it works 100%.

Or are you saying, put the two files within the zip into a folder?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

422 said:

Or are you saying, put the two files within the zip into a folder?

Yes. That was my thought. but either way is fine. your option. thanks for the idea of the program and hosting it. You should put yourself in the readme as chief designer and idea engineer :).

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited April 2012

lol ok... pmsl at posting me links to winzip ! That takes the piss lol
    Nah Im not in the readme, I didnt do anything lol

p.s. I only put stuff within an internal folder if that folder is uploadable generally.
    Otherwise ppl just upload the first folder they come to .. but I know what you are saying

• Options

10-4, roger that. over and out.