Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Annoying bug when people LOG IN

422422 Developer MVP
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

This has been mentioned before, but seemingly in my build 2.0.18.4 the issue persists.

Why when a user logs in, is he redirected to the register page

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• That's not on all installs. I don't have it on my local install

If you can reproduce on a clean install of 2.0.18.4 just enter a bug report please :-)

• 422422 Developer MVP

Will do mate, its on a clean install. With just 3 plugins, will send it in soon. Thankyou

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

Is this every time? If you log in from the register page then it will bring you back there, but it shouldn't bring you there all the time.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Will try from various places Todd and report back.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Apologies, yes this happens when user is on this page:

http://website.com/theme/entry/signin?Target=entry/register

If they click LOGIN , in the menu. They get logged in, but the registration page stays. Which looks kind of weird, I know the way this works, because it succesfully logs you in and directs you to the page you came from, but on this page, it would work better :

if page="register" and login="success" redirect="index"

Do you know what I mean, its just the logic .

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

422 said:
    Apologies, yes this happens when user is on this page:

http://website.com/theme/entry/signin?Target=entry/register

If they click LOGIN , in the menu. They get logged in, but the registration page stays. Which looks kind of weird, I know the way this works, because it succesfully logs you in and directs you to the page you came from, but on this page, it would work better :

if page="register" and login="success" redirect="index"

Do you know what I mean, its just the logic .

i've thought the same thing. I was thinking about changing it in the my theme. you should be able to have it target the main page by just changing the login link on that page.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited April 2012

That would act globally then matt i think

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

422 said:
    That would act globally then matt i think

im referring to the text above the signup form that says login... i think that's local. the banner url... well, i'll look into that one... it's just code, it can't be that hard, right? or as my ignorant customers usually say "that's easy, right"

• 422422 Developer MVP

Hmm, will have another looksy. Always makes me laugh when i show the wife a new site frontend design, and she always says. Is it finished then.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

422 said:
    Hmm, will have another looksy. Always makes me laugh when i show the wife a new site frontend design, and she always says. Is it finished then.

always done, until tomorrow.

thats a better response than what i received from my wife on the brewing forum.... she said she didn't 'get it'.... i asked what she didn't get... she didn't know. great. thanks.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Oh god thats spooky. My missus says the same lolol.

One site we did, theres a huge blue button the size of an iphone smack bang in the middle of the screen with the word next on it.

Told her to continue...she couldnt figure it out. Nowadays we make our sites , "Debbie tested" if she can work it out, a blind frog could figure it out.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

422 said:
    Oh god thats spooky. My missus says the same lolol.

One site we did, theres a huge blue button the size of an iphone smack bang in the middle of the screen with the word next on it.

Told her to continue...she couldnt figure it out. Nowadays we make our sites , "Debbie tested" if she can work it out, a blind frog could figure it out.

you should have a little banner that says "debbie tested, debbie approved" on your sites ;)

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

i gave up on my wife... i tried to get her to play with the site for a few days... she just didn't understand what she was supposed to do on a forum.. she thought it was facebook or something.