HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Suggestion: Last comment link on index

edited May 2012 in Feedback

I'd love it if there was a link to the last comment or first unread comment on a discussion when viewing the list of discussions on the index of Vanilla. Like, add the link to the "Most recent by username" for example.

It's very annoying to have to find the last post in large threads.

Comments

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited May 2012

It natively does this if you have read the thread tho.

Why would it take you to last read post, if you havent read the thread?

But.... I agree with last comment. I personally would like on discussions index where it has last posters name, that onclick it takes me to their post not their profile.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• edited May 2012

Well what if I have read the thread and want to see the last post from the index?

EDIT: didn't know it did this, it wasn't doing this for me sometimes. Still would like to see that link added.

• Sounds like a job for pagenavigator :)

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/pagenavigator-plugin

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited May 2012

peregrine said:
    Sounds like a job for pagenavigator :)

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/pagenavigator-plugin

Doesn't quite do what I'm looking for. I want links on the index.

• Guess I don't know what index is.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• The page with the list of discussions.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

lucasbytegenius said:
    The page with the list of discussions.

Doesn't quite do what I'm looking for. I want links on the index. >

@lucasbytegenius
    Curious, did you try the page navigator and found that the first and last links didn't work.
    Or are you saying it doesn't work for you because you know how it works and it doesn't do what you want. (If it doesn't do what you want how could it be changed to suit you).
    If you use vanilla standard way and you are logged in, doesn't it go to the first unread comment.
    With the pagenavigator you have first and last links. So you can go to all three places from the "index". I'm not trying to push my plugin but i thought it does what you are looking for.