Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to make my vanilla forum look like my website?

edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have a WordPress website (twenty eleven theme) and now I want to make a forum for it. Out of all the options of free forum software, Vanilla is my favourite, and the only thing I would like to do now is make my vanilla forum look like my website.

So how would I go about doing this? I have a number of things I'd like:

1.) Overall, I'm fairly happy with the default theme's layout. However, how can I make the header and footer exactly like my WordPress site? I want to be able to switch between the two so that it feels like the same site. (Obviously it is the same site, but if the menu in the header is different or even gone, it feels very disjointed).

2.) The colour scheme needs changing - how do i change colours to my liking?

3.) Is there a way to integrate sign-in between vanilla and wordpress? I want users to be able to comment both on site pages and in the forum using the same logon.

I know the principles of html/css etc, but i need instructions on how to do this stuff...

Thanks!

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP

Go back to discussions index page, click on first discussion. Deploying new theme.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Hahahahahaha! Good one!

There was an error rendering this rich post.