Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Documentation] Changing Theme and my Forum goes Bonk

EWorldEWorld New
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,

i am new to Vanilla and i just installed my first forum. But everytime i try to activate an other theme besides the default one, i always getting this error:

Bonk
Something funky happened. Please bear with us while we iron out the kinks.

Did something went wrong in the installation of vanilla? Or do i have to do something special?

i downloaded the themes from here, extracted the zipped file and copied the entire folder in the THEMES folder of vanilla.

Maybe someone can help me out.

thanks in advance

Tagged:

Best Answer

• sarowlwpsarowlwp New
    Answer ✓

open the forum debug

You can do this by adding/replacing the following configuration setting in your conf/config.php file:

$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';

you will see the error info !

Answers

• sarowlwpsarowlwp New
    Answer ✓

open the forum debug

You can do this by adding/replacing the following configuration setting in your conf/config.php file:

$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';

you will see the error info !

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

Which version of Vanilla are you using and what theme did you download?

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• I am using v2.0.18.4 and i tried for example the Bootstrap 0.9
    the same happens if i set the theme to Embed-Friendly, Mobile ....

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

You should do as @sarowlwp suggests then and post the error message here for us to see :)

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Thanks Guys, i added sarowlwp suggestion to the config. and it showed, that the compile folder in the Smartys Folder wasnt readable. now it seems to work.

• WOW! 2 'I have Smarty and my site goes BONK' topics in 1 week. Must be a vacation week.
    Both topics resulting in the suggestion : make cache folders / make them writable, etc, etc. Both topics solved... Niiice!

There was an error rendering this rich post.