Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How do I edit vanilla once I've downloaded it?

I downloaded Vanilla and I got the zip file with all the folders and stuff, but how do I edit it? I've also downloaded addons, but how do I add them to the site? Sorry if this is obvious, but I can't figure it out. Thanks in advance!

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited May 2012

Look in discussions list for deploying vanilla.

It couldnt be more obvious its the first topc.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/19915/deploying-a-new-forum-and-adding-a-theme-for-everyone

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I don't own my own domain though. I'm using the free version.

• 422422 Developer MVP

So what site are you adding them too?

• 422422 Developer MVP

Ahh you cant.

• Why not?

• It is not free you are in a trial.

I believe vanillaforums.com has it own support section where you can ask question like this. This is not for the hosted support.

vanillaforums.com uses site wide infrastructure that is streamlined to serve all their users, It is not for hacking about with. It is perfect for those that want a ready solution with the feature they provide on their packages.

vanilla code base is free, but you have to host it somewhere.

grep is your friend.

1. When does the trial end?

2. I went there and they told me to come here.

3. I'm not trying to hack anything. I just want to add the addons I downloaded.

I'm confuuuuuused.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Vanilla comes in two guises .

Hosted and self hosted.

Your version is the hosted solution and if you havent paid, you are on the free trial. Which i believe is 30 days.
    Who told you to come here lol, name n shame.

Hack is a term coders use for fidling with the code of things, to improve look or performance, not as in "hacker".
    To add and manipulate plugins, you either have to pay vanilla by subscribing to a plan or ....

Getting your own domain, and uploading everything yourself to your own server. Which most of us do on here.